30146Re: [midatlanticretro] Hard drive "cloning" options

  • Systems Glitch
    Apr 11, 2013
      > Wouldn't it be easier to just set up a laplink cable and trasfer the files
      > that way? It would likely be one or two switched lines and that's all
      > you'd need 25-pins on both ends. I have the laplink software for download
      > on my site.

      That or interlink/interserver from DOS will work fine if you have an old machine to go between. I use the Ethernet approach if I'm going to my modern Linux desktop or laptop. It's not particularly complex, especially with the parallel port adapter, if you've got everything on a boot floppy anyway.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic