30114Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: can a terminal damage a computer?

  • David Gesswein
    Apr 6, 2013
      On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 10:14:54PM -0000, joshbensadon wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have had a few computers fail while using my laptop as a terminal,
      > > recently.
      >
      > Ground yourself, ground the laptop, then plug into the host computer?

      Running off batteries or if you have a 2 prong power adapter or it doesn't
      ground the power supply output the computer your attached to gets
      the energy from static zaps to the laptop.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic