30110can a terminal damage a computer?

    Apr 6, 2013
      I have had a few computers fail while using my laptop as a terminal,
      recently. Is there something a rs232 port can do to a computer to cause it
      to fail, like the 1488/1489 drivers? Just seems odd. Corey was mentioning
      that he had problems with his laptop after upgrading OS drivers, but I have
      not done anything like that, I am using the same Win 2000 computer I have
      had for years. Thinking I am just being superstitious but thought I'd
      throw that one out there to see what others think.