30097Re: RCA COSMAC Microkit

  • joshbensadon
    Apr 4, 2013
      > am thrilled about this original RCA COSMAC Microkit that arrived safe and
      > sound today. Quite historic.
      > I have uploaded a set of images of the new-to-me COSMAC Microkit. It has
      > an SSTC processor card (later renamed the 1801, which is the 2-chip version
      > of the subsequent 1802 of ELF fame). You can see from the various date
      > codes that the chips are from mid 1974-early 1975. RAM is 2102.

      It's an excellent buy! Congrats! I was watching that auction and almost put a bid in. Now, knowing you wanted it, I'm glad I didn't bid up the price.

      > had until now been previously undocumented. Although of course 10 more
      > will show up because that's how the world works ... but that's not

      I doubt it. These are very rare. You'll likely see the COSMAC DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM up for sale sooner than another Microkit.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic