3002Re: [midatlanticretro] Some photos uploaded / important club update

  • madodel
    Apr 2, 2006
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > One more thing: this isn't final yet, but Jim and Bill and I (a while ago)
      > discussed how we will keep track of official members. What I think we'll do
      > is make a quarterly payment schedule. So anyone who joins in Jan-March pays
      > $20, Apri-June = 15, July-Sept. = 10, and Oct.-Dec. 5. That way won't have
      > to keep track of when everyone's year is done. We'll just put out a fresh
      > call for money starting in late December or so. Consider MARCH part of your
      > holiday gift-giving budget! Ideally this will remain as a mere suggested
      > donation on our part, sort of like PBS or (more appropriately considering
      > the audience) shareware -- "If you like what you get here, then please help
      > us pay for it." We are not requiring dues per se, but we'll continue to
      > offer perks whenever possible to those who donate. That seems like a good
      > and fair way to run this club in my opinion.

      One thing I noticed wandering around the facility was that many of the
      other groups (like the railroaders and the radioguys) had a 3 panel
      pamphlet with information about themselves and why/how to join. March
      should consider making one as well. They seemed to be very similar so
      maybe InfoAge has a template for this. I know March had the single handout
      sheet but the tri-fold could be placed with all the others in the main lobby.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      http://www.warpstock.org