29971Re: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: history of phone phreaking

  • Brian Roth
    Mar 29, 2013
      I'm all over it. He really nailed it with that book. I made a few box's in my time and spent my formative computing years "experimenting" on Telenet. Another fascinating segway is to checkout the interview on Haxor of Joybubbles(this gets down and dirty on the tech side of it) and also the softer interview of Joybubbles in the Radiolab interview.

      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      To: MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:27 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: history of phone phreaking

      I'm reading the new book "Exploding the Phone" by Phil Lapsley (who's lectured at VCF West and HOPE). Only up to chapter 7, but so far this book is excellent! Seems to be the definitive history of phone phreaking. Highly recommended.

      Maybe we'll get Lapsley (and/or Crunch?) to VCF East 9.1....

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic