29967re: [midatlanticretro] Re: desoldering station advice

    Mar 29, 2013

      > I've used Pace and other self-contained desoldering stations in the
      Marines and at several employers. The Pace units seemed to work the best.
      None of the self-contained units work as well as the Weller WDD 81V that I
      currently have. If you have shop air available, the units that run on it,
      work much better than the self-contained stations.

      > Tom

      Given the cost and what Bill S said, I decided to buy the Hakko 808-KIT.
      For $178 seemed like the best deal all around for what I need to do. I
      hope I made the right decision.