29960Re: desoldering station advice

  • joshbensadon
    Mar 29, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

      > Joshbensadon wrote:
      > > The AOUYE 701 looks very nice. The specs are great. I use a PACE SR-2
      > > and give the PACE a 5 out of 10 rating. It works, but you have to fuss
      > > over keeping it clean.
      >
      > Hmmm... Well, I was thinking of an ST-145 with an SX-80 handpiece. These
      > newer "snap-vac" systems are supposed to be really good and the SX series
      > handpieces are supposed to be very light.
      >
      > Bill S.

      Yes, that is a much more superior model than the one I use. I'm only giving a 5 / 10 for my old station. To be fair, PACE makes a lot of better models. At work I use a PACE MBT 250, I don't know off the top of my head which handpiece it has, but the tips look like those SX tips. They don't clogg nearly as much as my old PACE SR-2.

      I'm actually considering to buy a solder pot. They don't seem to cost very much for the small cheap ones. I wonder if they are any good?

      :)J
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic