29956Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: desoldering station advice

    Mar 29, 2013
      On 03/29/2013 03:59 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
      > My guess is the AOUYE will give you value for your money.

      AOYUE started out making cheap Chinese clones of top-end, very expensive
      commercial Hakko equipment, almost model-for-model.

      One such clone was made of the famous and very pricey Hakko 850 hot air
      rework station. I've used the AOYUE version and the Hakko version side by
      side. The AOYUE unit is built better and works better.

      Later, they started adding new features to the standard feature sets, and
      doing their own models of stuff. Everything I've seen from them has been top
      notch and built like a tank. This is the exception to the "Chinese garbage"
      rule!

      SRA Soldering Products is the US distributor for AOYUE. SRA is a small
      family-owned company with whom I've dealt for years. They are top-notch. (I
      don't work for them; I'm just a happy customer.)

      http://www.sra-solder.com/

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ