29949Re: Altair / Fool on the Hill question

  • joshbensadon
    Mar 29, 2013
      > > the AM Radio antenna is based on a ferret stick,
      >
      > Ferrite

      Well, it could be a Ferret, but I guess the little critter would likely run away.

      > Ferrite "loopstick" antennas are very broadly directional.

      You'd think they should be omni directional, but this is getting OT.

      > Actually I'd be kinda surprised if the interference in question
      > happened at IF. Those IFs are typically 455KHz; you're much more likely
      > to get interference from higher frequencies than that in ~1~8MHz
      > microprocessor circuitry.

      Here, I will yield to your experience. I have never played with RFI Computer Music. Does the interference depend on where you tune your radio? If you are far away from your computer, does tuning your radio help bring in the signal? I'm sure there's lots to read about the subject, but playing is more fun.

      :)J
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic