29939RE: [midatlanticretro] desoldering station advice

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Mar 29, 2013
      B. Degnan wrote:
      > I want to get a desoldering station specifically for vintage computer
      > cards, etc.
      >
      > I found this ebay auction for an AOUYE 701 but I don't know much about
      > them:
      >
      > 170848203531
      >
      > any opinions? I see the Hakko FM-204's are pretty nice, but they're at
      > least $650.

      I had the opportunity to handle a Hakko 808 the other day.
      I was surprised by how light it was and what a good job it
      does. I expected it to be heavier and less capable. I
      intend to get one as soon as I'm sure I have the "hobby
      money" available.

      Bill S.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic