29933Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Altair / Fool on the Hill question

  • Systems Glitch
    Mar 29, 2013
      > Or tune your AM radio to a local station and shielding it out.

      Ian and I found that the RF firehose coming from the Altair easily drowns out strong local AM stations. It also mostly overpowers FM stations as well, if the radio is really close to the Altair. We also found that angle of the antenna to the Altair matters, so presumably the source(s) of RF from the Altair have some degree of polarization.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic