29922Re: Kirk IMP-16 Homebrew System
- Mar 28, 2013--- In email@example.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
Several things impressed me about this prototype:
- 7 segment LED displays instead of individual leds
- instead of toggle switches or a keypad,
he used 4: octal thumbwheels with speed levers
for entry (the lever is 7 on top, 0 on bottom)
- but not even Dymo lettering for the other switches
We need to further ID the CPU and major chips.
Can anyone identify the backplane and cards used?
I've never encountered such long thin cards
with the edge connector on the short-end.
Many are protoboards with generic patterns
for soldering chips and power busses.
The backplane LOOKS like a 2-section DEC PDP
but it's single sided edge connector,
wire-wrapped on the bottom.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>