29922Re: Kirk IMP-16 Homebrew System

  • Jeff Jonas
    Mar 28, 2013
      > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/IMP-16_homebrew/

      Thanks for getting pix posted so promptly!
      Several things impressed me about this prototype:

      - 7 segment LED displays instead of individual leds
      - instead of toggle switches or a keypad,
      he used 4: octal thumbwheels with speed levers
      for entry (the lever is 7 on top, 0 on bottom)
      - but not even Dymo lettering for the other switches

      We need to further ID the CPU and major chips.

      Can anyone identify the backplane and cards used?
      I've never encountered such long thin cards
      with the edge connector on the short-end.
      Many are protoboards with generic patterns
      for soldering chips and power busses.

      The backplane LOOKS like a 2-section DEC PDP
      but it's single sided edge connector,
      wire-wrapped on the bottom.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic