29918Re: D-I-Y front panel?

  • joshbensadon
    Mar 28, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen L" <steve@...> wrote:

      > > > Print the panel on regular paper and laminate it.
      >
      > I can attest that the inkjet on paper front panel works well as you can
      > see here:
      > http://www.tronola.com/html/sw_and_gnding.html
      > <http://www.tronola.com/html/sw_and_gnding.html>
      >
      > Scroll down to Part II Line Input Selector. Doesn't use any special
      > paper, though I used Hammermill LaserPrint for its quality.
      >
      > Some fine points about doing the technique are in the pdf article.
      > (Sorry that the project is otherwise OT here.)
      >
      > Steve L.

      That's really impressive. I've done a photo copy of a main panel then put it under a thin sheet (0.080") of plexiglass, but I think this method would likely create a nicer effect.

      OT? I see nothing OT about listening to *vintage* music on your *vintage* stereo while working on your *vintage* computer. Somebody shoot me.

      :)J
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic