29908Re: How do I make boot floopy? IMSAI + Northstar + CP/M?

  • joshbensadon
    Mar 27, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:
      >My IMSAI is running on the capacitors that came with it, as is the Cromemco Z-2D and CompuPro 8/16. That doesn't mean yours are guaranteed good, of course. Do bring it up on a variac to help in the reforming process if you want to try and keep the old caps.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jonathan

      So is mine, they are very good capacitors. I brought them up slowly then did a ripple test on them.
      Power supply = 8.2V while drawing 5Amps with 620mV ripple.

      Looked good enough for me. Last I checked, the drop out voltage of those 5V regulators was 7V.

      :)J
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic