29768Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Paper Tape Punch...

  • Kyle Owen
    Mar 19, 2013
      On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM, joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      I am using a Trend-DLC. To get mine to punch the 8th bit (really the 7th bit), I have to put it in Half Duplex mode. I'm not sure why, but it works. This unit has a reader too, and I can put it into a copy mode, feed it some paper tape and it will punch a copy. But, again, the copy mode is a selection of other modes. There isn't a button simply labeled "Copy". In the back, it has a Modem and Printer port. I'm not sure how to use the Printer port, haven't played with that port yet.

      Interesting! Glad to hear you have had some success though. Mine has a very easy-to-use copy feature. It's simply a button labeled "Copy" and it most certainly works! :) My unit has two DB-25 serial ports, both configurable independently in the settings.

      For your punch, I guess you should just go through every possible combination. Something is bound to work.

      Well...that's a good number of settings! It validates the settings, but you don't always have an idea of what constitutes a valid setting until you try it. Thus, it would be quite time consuming! I wonder if I shouldn't just dump the EPROMs and disassemble them...it's only 6809 assembly (if I recall)! Albeit, many of the settings are just 0s and seem to not be terribly important. There are only 16 settings that seem as though they have a direct impact in making it work properly.

      In case you're curious, here's my manual dump of all of the settings in the menu: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Ow1Wo1rBQUa0pJeV9WT2xScTQ/edit?usp=sharing

      Kyle

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic