29767Re: Paper Tape Punch...

  • joshbensadon
    Mar 19, 2013

      > I have a really clean Facit 4047 combo punch/reader, but I can't figure out
      > what it takes to put it into binary mode. I've got it punching ASCII with
      > XON/XOFF, but I should be able to punch regular binary data by using
      > hardware flow control. My current attempts have failed me, especially with

      I am using a Trend-DLC. To get mine to punch the 8th bit (really the 7th bit), I have to put it in Half Duplex mode. I'm not sure why, but it works. This unit has a reader too, and I can put it into a copy mode, feed it some paper tape and it will punch a copy. But, again, the copy mode is a selection of other modes. There isn't a button simply labeled "Copy". In the back, it has a Modem and Printer port. I'm not sure how to use the Printer port, haven't played with that port yet.

      For your punch, I guess you should just go through every possible combination. Something is bound to work.

      :)J
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic