29755Re: Paper Tape Punch...

  • corey986
    Mar 19, 2013
      I got a high speed paper tape reader from a CNC machine. It will read standard paper tapes in 8 bit and send them to the serial or parallel ports on the unit. I will use the RS232 and my SIO-A. I already check with someone who uses a similar unit with his Altair so I know that general CNC high speed readers will work.

      So now I just need to make paper tapes of my software to load. I also need to make a tape to modify basic so that I can use my parallel keyboard and my SSM Video card with basic.

      Eventually I need to find a solution to making tapes at home that doesn't involve me owning an ASR33, but for now I hope the generosity of others will help me.

      I'm also going to have to make a nice Walnut case for it (that matches my Sol-20) since it's a rack mount unit. I also need to order some reels as it doesn't come with them.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

      > > OK, so I just got an RS232 high speed paper tape reader (Well it's in the mail).
      >
      > Heh, apparently now is the time to read paper tapes! Are you using this on the console port in place of an ASR-33? If not, e-mail me directly as I'm working on standardizing a S-100 paper tape reader hardware interface.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jonathan

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic