29752Re: [midatlanticretro] May 18/19 MARCH event

  • Dan Roganti
    Mar 19, 2013
      On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      >> If it's going to be a real swap meet, you might want to run this as such - much the way as a Hamfest operates.

      Right. That is what I meant. Except we'd be indoors, not working from parking spaces ('cause what if it rains?)

      It would be safe to keep it indoors at first. If it gets bigger in the future you can always expand :)
      Besides making a flyer and sending it around,
      these are just some of the simple incentives that are used elsewhere - I'm sure there's others you can add to the flyer.
       - hold a raffle with several diff prizes, that runs hourly the whole day (using the admission ticket)
       - advanced visitor tickets get in early (hour early) and a discount (paypal)
       - advanced seller table registration get a discount (paypal)
       - ticket promotion, every 377th(octal) visitor gets in free.
       - visitors who wear a VCFeast t-shirt get a small discount.
       - visitors who bring in copy of flyer get a small discount
       - Get the announcement added to the Northeast Electronic Flea market list (MIT Flea)
          http://w1mx.mit.edu/flea-at-mit  (visitors and sellers look here too)

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic