29744Re: [midatlanticretro] May 18/19 MARCH event

    Mar 19, 2013
      The main reason why I don't see a swapmeet and workshop running simultaneously is because the swapmeet would be a revenue-generating event for MARCH. For example we could charge $25 per table and $10 for regular admission. That wouldn't work if sellers are busy doing workshop stuff.

      Also the OMARC hamfest is 5/18 from (I think) 7am-11am. They want to send people to our event, and we should send people to theirs too. (Also, I should look into what they charge for general buyers -- we should have the same price, even if it's less, so that cross-honoring admissions is fair to both sides.)

      But the question is, other than OMARC folks, would there by any outside buyers who show up at our event -- or just ourselves? I am afraid of that.

      I suppose we could limit the "public" swapmeet hours to the same as OMARC's, and then have it be just a MARCH workshop for the rest of Saturday and Sunday.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic