29741Re: [midatlanticretro] May 18/19 MARCH event

    Mar 19, 2013
      > >From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      > >My basic idea is to have a simple vintage-themed swap meet on May 18 and
      a tech day on May 19.
      > I can't go because as always these events fall on reserve duty days.
      > I thought the main idea was a get together first and a swap meet second.
      > I mean, since VCF couldn't happen in scale, I thought this was the Spring
      Party + Swap..
      > If so then you are good. The goal is to meet up and the swap is the icing
      on the cake.

      We have had workshop activity and sales in the same event, why segregate
      the two by day?

      I have to admit, I am more interested in workshop than swap, although I
      will have some items on the side to sell or give away like I usually do.
      Can't we start the workshop Sat and have a separate swap meet nearby
      running concurrently all weekend? If a person stays both days why can't
      they sell items on Sunday too?

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic