29739Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: May 18/19 MARCH event

  • Systems Glitch
    Mar 19, 2013
      WTB/FS lists would definitely help set the tone for quality and price. I'd imagine it will be somewhere below eBay insanity, and somewhere above flea market bargains. Everyone has to have a pile of stuff they'd be willing to part with if someone offered them a not-offensively-low amount of cash. I've got plenty of interesting hardware I'd let go for a reasonable price, but wouldn't just give away.

      For instance, I don't think things in the consignment area at past VCFs have been flea market cheap, but they're also nothing like eBay prices. You'll have some cheapskates who want everything for nothing, but you have those anywhere. Keeping the selection to a higher quality than junk bin stuff will probably also help, though some junk bin stuff is always good too!

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic