29738Re: May 18/19 MARCH event

  • David Riley
    Mar 19, 2013

      > Now that Trenton is done, we can start planning the May 18/19 "VCF
      > Alternative" event.
      >
      > My basic idea is to have a simple vintage-themed swap meet on May 18 and
      > a tech day on May 19.
      >
      > But I have some concerns about the swap meet day. There could be more
      > sellers than buyers; the buyers could be people just looking for
      > rock-bottom prices; and thus it might therefore stink.
      >
      > What can we do to make it AWESOME without being too (V)CF-y?
      >
      > I'm open to good ideas.

      Well, exchanging lists of WTB/FS now would help a great deal. Now that I have my BA11, I've probably blown my budget for at least a couple months (and it's during a busy season for my wife), but if there's something sufficiently tempting, I might be able to make it in.

      For me, my WTB list is pretty sparse at this point, since I'm going to be spending the next few months on some quality time with RSX-11M. :-) I'm always on the lookout for SCSI drives for old Macs, etc, but their limited lifespan and relative rarity tend to conspire to make them worth more than I want to spend.

      - Dave
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic