29725Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: UPSs looking for good homes

    Mar 18, 2013
      On 03/17/2013 10:34 AM, hornbetw wrote:
      >> Where? Battery status?
      >>
      >> On Mar 16, 2013, at 11:42 PM, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:
      >>> Hi all, We have 2 UPSs, 1 Best Ferrups 7KVA & 1 Best Ferrups
      >>> 5.3KVA that are available for free. If you're interested in
      >>> either or both, contact me. If there are no takers, they are
      >>> headed to the junk man.
      >>
      > Sorry Dave, I should have provided a little more info up front. In
      > my defense, I was still in "shock" after my first social outing with
      > MARCH. :) The UPSs are commercial data center type units. They have
      > to be hard wired to the AC input. Each unit is dishwasher sized and
      > weigh 350 to 390 pounds. They use external battery packs. The
      > company I work for makes batteries for these units but I don't have
      > any pricing info. It may be possible that I could get batteries
      > cheap or possibly free. We're cleaning up the plant I work in, so I
      > may be able to finagle a set of batteries. The units are currently
      > located in Leola, about 5 miles East of Lancaster. I have a sales
      > brochure and the users manual I can email you if you're still
      > interested.

      Ahh, "grown-up" UPSs. I am definitely interested in them, but I may
      not be able to move them anytime soon. Do you have a required timeframe
      for removal?

      Oh, one important question...What's their input configuration, single
      phase or three-phase?

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ