29707Re: OT: UPSs looking for good homes

  • hornbetw
    Mar 17, 2013

      > Where? Battery status?
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA
      >

      > On Mar 16, 2013, at 11:42 PM, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > > We have 2 UPSs, 1 Best Ferrups 7KVA & 1 Best Ferrups 5.3KVA that are available for free. If you're interested in either or both, contact me. If there are no takers, they are headed to the junk man.
      > >
      > > Tom

      Sorry Dave,
      I should have provided a little more info up front. In my defense, I was still in "shock" after my first social outing with MARCH. :) The UPSs are commercial data center type units. They have to be hard wired to the AC input. Each unit is dishwasher sized and weigh 350 to 390 pounds. They use external battery packs. The company I work for makes batteries for these units but I don't have any pricing info. It may be possible that I could get batteries cheap or possibly free. We're cleaning up the plant I work in, so I may be able to finagle a set of batteries. The units are currently located in Leola, about 5 miles East of Lancaster. I have a sales brochure and the users manual I can email you if you're still interested.

      Tom
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic