29658Re: [midatlanticretro] Bad news, good news: VCF East 9.0 cancelled due to Sandy; but ....

  • Jeff Galinat
    Mar 13, 2013
      On 1/21/2013 12:24 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      Hi all --

      Very sorry, but we're cancelling East 9.0 because of the uncertain power
      situation at InfoAge.

      -

      Now for THE GOOD NEWS!

      - VCF East 9.0 will be back, and awesome, in 2014. I promise!!!!

      - This year, we will probably have an alternate event, at InfoAge, on
      the same weekend originally announced for VCF East (May 18-19). As we
      said, there "probably" will be power, and our "probable" event will be a
      MARCH swap meet on 5/18, with some kind of to-be-determined
      cross-pollination re: OMARC's hamfest down the street that same day.

      - We have not yet figured out details for the swap meet. When we do,
      we'll give it a unique name, and we'll announce it widely.

      - Evan (evan@... / 646-546-9999)

      Hi Evan,
        I do realize that you are currently planning for the TCF exhibit but I was wondering, do you feel that there will be a MARCH swap meet in May?  The reason I was asking is that I have some surplus vintage gear that I would normally sell through eBay but I would hold on to it until May if there is a swap meet event.  I would rather sell locally and avoid the hassle of eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping, etc. and at the same time support a MARCH event.
      Regards,
      Jeff Galinat

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic