29650Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: RL01 drives, worthwhile?

  • Systems Glitch
    Mar 13, 2013
      Well, I contacted the eBay seller for the one that didn't sell for $5.95 and got it relisted BIN for $6. So I've got an unknown pack on the way that should at least be good for "core charge" to Athana if it is ruined!

      Looks like there are enough local resources to make RL01s practical. I'm not too worried about being able to swap disk packs with others, so I will investigate getting the RL01s running. We do at least know they power on, as we powered them up to lock the heads for transport!

      I suppose now I need to find controllers and test them, I don't think the PDP-11/10 came with one and I know I don't have one for the parts build LSI-11. Does anyone have a spare card + cable (or two) + terminator they'd be willing to sell or trade?

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic