29641Re: [midatlanticretro] Tomorrow -- mini-event

    Mar 12, 2013
      >>> "Super Science Saturday"

      > So how did it go?

      It was okay. In the 4.5 hours that the show floor was open, we met about
      15-20 families where the parents / kids took interest in our display and
      in our museum. So that is a decent ratio, especially considering that we
      put minimal effort into the display itself. I made a big poster with
      very child-friendly bullet points to explain our hardware, its context,
      and how most of it has local connections. That went over pretty well.

      But the event is very (very, very) small compared to all the other
      events where we participate. Also, we were next to a Dow Chemical booth,
      where there were LOADS of kids crammed in to do fun experiments with
      liquid polymers. That booth's success distracted a lot of people from
      stopping to see us.

      It's worth our effort to attend again next year if/when there is nothing
      else going on.

      I might suggest to the event's organizer that they consider grouping all
      the comp-sci / electronics exhibitors together in a single pavilion.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic