29606Re: [midatlanticretro] Switchmode Supplies for S-100 Boxes

  • David Comley
    Mar 11, 2013
      I bought a 15V Mean Well PSU for a synthesizer project last year. We also use Mean Well products at work and have found them to be very good. FWIW, Jameco is a distributor for them in the US and I'm sure Mean Well has distributors in Europe and the UK.

      From: Mike Strange <mjstrange@...>
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 7:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Switchmode Supplies for S-100 Boxes

      A nice small PSU - one small problem for us over this side of the pond - the guy wants $49.70 for shipping.

      We often find this to be the case with obsolete ICs - example $24 for the IC and $40 for shipping .. for ONE IC! (INTEL 1976 P8275 Programmable Graphics Generator)

      On 11 Mar 2013 , Systems Glitch said:

      Just picked up one of these myself:

      Can't beat the price! It includes a voltage adjust trimpot for finding that minimum voltage at which your cards will function while running as cool as possible. Not enough output for a really big backplane loaded with cards, but I'm planning on using mine for a small portable chassis.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)