29600Re: [midatlanticretro] Facit 4047 Paper Tape Punch

  • Kyle Owen
    Mar 10, 2013
      I've gotten it to read a bit, but it seems very sporadic. I send it a ^Q, and it seems to advance the tape forward by one line. If I send it another, it goes through a couple of feet of tape typically. Punching is even stranger. Every now and then, it punches a byte followed by the leader/end, seemingly at random.

      It seems as though the 4047 is highly configurable, judging from the numerous program menu options. For example, it should be able to handle ASCII, Telex and just raw data from my understanding. Who knows what it's currently configured in.

      Kyle

      On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

      On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:34:37AM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I picked up a Facit 4047 punch/reader yesterday in very good condition,
      > along with five extra rolls of black paper tape. However, I can't seem to
      > find anything regarding the setup procedure other than that settings 1 and
      > 2 indicate the baud rate for the two serial ports. Other than that, I'm
      > clueless on how to talk to it. I've got a null modem cable and the display
      > flashes a reversed "L" when it gets a character, but nothing else is
      > happening. I assume there are some basic punch control commands that I
      > first need to send it.
      >
      > Any ideas?

      Try various parity settings. You probably already googled it but
      start stop codes here.
      http://www.members.tripod.com/facit_facit/specsheets/4047.html

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic