29506Re: Roll Call for TCF E (!! NOT VCF !!)

  • s100doctor
    Mar 2, 2013

      > That said - Herb can you do any mid 70's or earlier plotting? I know you
      > have expertise in this area. Analog computing? Should I bring my EC-1?
      > Bill

      I have a plotter, but it's the same as MARCH's, and likewise not hooked up, but MARCH has the pens for it! I have some HP X-Y plotters, but that's lab equipment! In 1975, the question was "how do we get ahold of a computer?" or "what do I hook to my computer?" not "how do I drive my plotter?".

      Analog computers? I have some stuff but it's not homebrew, they were not in vogue in the era, they were kind of leftovers from the 60's and earlier. some Princeton professors designed some analog instrumentation for Heathkit - again, lab equipment, for student labs in this case.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic