29492Re: New Member

  • orion3311
    Feb 27, 2013
      Maybe it was a different event then or two years ago...someone was building a kit to do a test pattern on an arcade vector monitor (they mentioned Atari in the description).

      I like making test rigs for various things so I was really curious about how they built it. Thats all.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
      > On 2/27/2013 12:11 PM, orion3311 wrote:
      > > Actually I'm curious - one thing I missed and REALLY wanted to see was the presentation for building a Vector monitor tester? Anyone have info (or a vid?) of that from last year's VCF (I think?).
      > >
      > > Arcade games and coin-op are another interest of mine. I have waaay too many hobbies.
      > welcome Jeff, I'm on the other side of PA, near Pittsburgh.
      > Did you mean you need to repair a vector monitor ?
      > I dabble with arcades myself. But I usually have the entire game itself
      > when trying to repair the vector monitor. As the built-in test is
      > usually quite adequate to verify if the monitor is aligned properly.
      > The workshop from last years VCFeast was actually a kit to build a
      > display controller for your vintage computer. I'm currently in the
      > middle of making some changes to improve the linearity. There's no video
      > as of yet as it been slow going - the past year has been kinda rough.
      > But I'll keep you posted.
      > Dan
    • Show all 43 messages in this topic