29474Re: Mark 8 pictures

  • joshbensadon
    Feb 26, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > There's no need to worry about becoming a photographer here - but
      > knowing the basics can even get you far.

      I agree with Dan. Almost any new camera is good enough, the trick to good pictures is lighting and a steady camera.

      Use soft light, that is, light that comes from everywhere. If you can hang white sheets around your object then point light at those sheets, the light will evenly glow around the object.

      Steady the camera, put it on a tripod, or hold it against a sturdy base.

      At home, I use two 500W flood lights, 1 pointed at the white ceiling and the other pointed at a white sheet I toss over the cabinets behind me. I use a tripod and turn OFF the cheap flash that comes with my camera.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic