29468Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Mark 8 pictures

  • Dan Roganti
    Feb 26, 2013
      On 2/26/2013 11:11 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >>> On that subject, I hate smart phone pictures. Do we have a better digital or DSLR camera to use?
      > I don't, nor does MARCH have one.
      >
      > Even if we did, I know zilch about taking pictures, with no particular time/interest to learn.

      There's no need to worry about becoming a photographer here - but
      knowing the basics can even get you far. If your smartphone has several
      MP's in resolution, some have 8MP or more these days, even one with 3MP
      even does the job. This is just for documentation, we're not trying to
      win the Pulitzer here.
      As long as your phone as auto focus it should focus immediately on the
      object. Just have enough lighting on the object, and no shadows - so
      sometime you like to have 2 lamps crossing each other - one on the right
      and left side - at an angle to reduce shadows. Use the correct exposure
      setting for indoors photos- some phones have options for which type of
      lighting are used, FL bulbs, Incandescent. But you also like to have a
      Macro lens setting option for those closeup shots (usually depicted with
      a Tulip icon in your phone's menu) in oreder to view the components up
      close. And keep your hand still while taking photos :)

      Dan
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic