29414Re: [midatlanticretro] WiFi on vintage hardware

  • Mike Loewen
    Feb 24, 2013
      On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Dan Roganti wrote:

      > On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Dave <dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:

      >> on
      >>

      > If you want to a self-contained solution - versus a homebrew project - look
      > here
      > WiFly RN-171 802.11b/g Serial to WiFi Module, $29.99
      > The RN-171 is a small form factor, standalone, ultra-low power embedded
      > module with a complete TCP/IP stack in a wireless networking module.
      > https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11049

      That looks good, except for two things:

      1. "We also currently do not support WPA2-Enterprise (radius server
      authentication, EAP-TLS)"

      That, unfortunately is the mode used by our on-campus wireless
      networks.

      2. There's no SSH client or SSL connection capability.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...