29408Re: [midatlanticretro] WiFi on vintage hardware

  • Dan Roganti
    Feb 24, 2013
      On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Dave <dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:
      On 24/02/2013 22:17, David Gesswein wrote:
      > On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 05:01:21PM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:
      >>      I would like to come up with a hardware/software scheme to connect a
      >> vintage computer's serial port to some sort of WiFi module which would
      >> allow me to use SSH or Telnet over SSL to connect to a server.
      >>      Suggestions?  Do any of you microcontroller wizards have something on
      >> the bench?

      If you want to a self-contained solution - versus a homebrew project - look here
      WiFly RN-171 802.11b/g Serial to WiFi Module, $29.99
      The RN-171 is a small form factor, standalone, ultra-low power embedded module with a complete TCP/IP stack in a wireless networking module.

      Dan

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic