29402Re: [midatlanticretro] WiFi on vintage hardware

  • David Gesswein
    Feb 24, 2013
      On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 05:01:21PM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:

      > I would like to come up with a hardware/software scheme to connect a
      > vintage computer's serial port to some sort of WiFi module which would
      > allow me to use SSH or Telnet over SSL to connect to a server.

      > Suggestions? Do any of you microcontroller wizards have something on
      > the bench?

      Might be doable with a Rasberry PI and USB to WIFI adapter. Run a getty
      on the serial port, log in and then SSH out. I think the serial port needs
      an external RS-232 to TTL conversion.

      I haven't actually used a PI.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic