29368Re: [midatlanticretro] Roll Call for VCF E

    Feb 23, 2013
      On 02/23/2013 07:01 PM, evan@... wrote:
      >>> Before that posting (and I guess now) I didn't think I would be exhibiting since I don't have anything homebrew 1974-76.
      >
      > Well ... I certainly don't want to turn you away.
      >
      > Two ideas if you bring an '8:
      > - Explain to visitors how big computers were often used to develop for little ones
      > - Bring your Straight 8, and explain the connection to RESISTORS, Ted Nelson, etc.

      That's an excellent idea.

      I briefly thought about bringing my PDP-8/m, because (and I'd put up a
      sign of some sort explaining it) I *bought* it at TCF, in something like
      1986. I think that'd be a neat tie-in, but mainly neat for me, not so
      much for other people.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ