29342Re: [midatlanticretro] Roll Call for VCF E

  • David Comley
    Feb 23 6:11 AM

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:23 AM, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      Bill G - OK Yes RCA Cosmac
      Dave Comley - Some sort of video or "action" if possible for the KIM, but
      within convenience.

      Will do. I'll see what I can find in the way of age-appropriate terminals. I have a Z19 in the basement but it dates from about 1980.

      It's not always easy to translate the real homebrew spirit into today's
      context. We're really not educating if all we do is show the computers
      playing primitive games only. Many people back then would build a SBC to
      do something behind the scenes like operate a HAM tuner, A-D conversion,
      and serial controls. I think it would be great if for example the KIM was
      set up to shine a LCD light when certain HEX values were in a particular
      location in memory to illustrate how the KIM was used to automate the
      lighting of a house (doll house) or operate a train set.

      The First Book of KIM describes a frankly dangerous-looking AC power controller project. I'll avoid that one this time around in favour of something less lethal.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic