29252Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum power update

  • Dan Roganti
    Feb 13, 2013
      On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM, <evan@...> wrote:
      There's still no power at InfoAge. Been six weeks.  :(

      Princeton U. offered to give InfoAge one of its extra transformers, but the transformer they offered has the opposite problem -- it's so big that it would cost a fortune to run it.

      The town, which owns InfoAge's campus, asked Fred to get estimates for independently wiring every building. Fred did that. Not surprising, it would cost far more than just replacing the old transformer with a new one.

      Fred hopes the town will see that and buy us a new appropriately-sized transformer.

      Meanwhile, he and others continue to seek other sources of transformer funding.

      I'm sure Fred is working diligently in securing the funding for the repair at InfoAge. But why can't we start our own fundraising campaign. Everyone of the groups hosted there at InfoAge should already participating in some kind of fundraising campaign. What's stopping anyone from starting one ? I'm sure there is already enough exposure surrounding this predicament in order to solicit donations if places such as Princeton Univ. is already offering their own equipment. Just keep spreading the word around.
      I'll drop $20 right now in the bucket if somebody there starts one, something such as Paypal can streamline the process, and only if donations are used towards the repair and not for any other expenditures. Each day just waiting is less donations you'll have.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic