29241Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

  • ekoblentz
    Feb 13, 2013
      >> I do not think it is appropriate to talk about someone's personal misfortune on a public list

      I agree; only responded to clarify the fact. Today the web is full of blogs, etc. commenting that she was "fired" but it sounds like that isn't quite accurate.

      Nobody, here or elsewhere, is criticizing her for it. In fact she Tweeted a thank-you message just now, re: all the support.

      Keep in mind that she is absolutely a "public figure" in the tech world.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic