29208Re: [midatlanticretro] electric cafe'

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Feb 8, 2013
      <evan@...> writes

      >I have no problem with it. Counterculture and hobby computers have intertwined histories.

      I would never consider Isao Tomita to be "Counterculture." The Bermuda
      Triange is Prokofiev (a la "Lt. Kije" -- if you don't know this music,
      watch Woody Allen's parody on Tolstoy's "War and Peace" called "Love and
      Death". Woody Allen goes dancing off with the grime reaper at the end
      of the film to the Suite from Lt. Kije) laden with Tomita's synthesizer
      "insensibilities."