29159RE: [midatlanticretro] OT: "The Americans"

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Feb 4, 2013
      <evan@...> writes:

      >Finally watched "The Americans" pilot episode, on Hulu (Dave G. -- thank
      >you anyhow for recording it). Thought it was pretty good. L ooking
      >forward to see vintage computers in future episodes! I have no idea
      >what, if anything, they're doing to make the KGB terminal s nor the
      >travel agency PET look like they're running something. We shall see...

      Look closely to see if they have a cyrillic character set! ;)

      I have a Cyrillic DRCS (Downline loadable Character Set) for the VT200
      and later terminals. I don't recall if the VT100 accepts DRCS. It was
      always a hoot to install them on the terminals in the DoD labs when US
      dignitaries paid us a visit! :)