29133Re: IMSAI 8080

  • joshbensadon
    Jan 31, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" wrote:

      > I was wondering about that loose wire also. It's possible that it's not supposed to be connected to something permanently. On mine it's a stranded white with a piece of solid wire soldered on to the end. Someone also appears to have made a cap out of electrical tape to go on the end.
      >
      > I am probably going to stick with the Z80 CPU since I also got some disks of software that were originally used with this unit. Hopefully I will be able to get to the point where I can load from these disks.

      Hi Daniel,

      This group prefers "Bottom Post".

      I think very few Altair/Imsai boards would make use of the CPU refresh. Even those boards that did use Dynamic RAM would likely generate their own refresh.

      Yes, if you have software, then it's quite likely that you'll need the Z80 to execute it. Please do share your experience spinning those disks.

      Cheers,
      Josh
    • Show all 61 messages in this topic