29016Re: Bad news, good news: VCF East 9.0 cancelled due to Sandy

  • David Greelish
    Jan 22, 2013
      Very sorry to hear this everyone, and needless to say, I'm shocked.

      We're working very hard to have a great first show, which will then hopefully bolster ours and yours for next year.

      Only just announced this on the Retro Computing Roundtable Sunday, but we have our keynote speaker - Robert Tinney, famous artist of the classic Byte magazine covers.

      If anyone would like to try and instead join us "down here" in the Atlanta area this year, we'd love to have ya.

      I certainly hope our two groups, MARCH & AHCS, plus our two shows, VCF East & VCFSE, can be partners in any way possible.

      Best,

      David Greelish
      - Computer Historian, Writer, Podcaster & Speaker
      - Founder of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society

      Producer of the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0 - 4/20 & 4/21, 2013

      http://about.me/davidgreelish

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic