29002Re: NCR chips?

  • Mike
    Jan 11, 2013
      My guess is that they are custom chips or at best, in house designs that were later productized. You might find them or something very similar in this 1977 NCR data book.

      http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/national/_dataBooks/1977_MOS_LSI_databook.pdf

      based on what I can find in the book, 6 is probably the package type indicator

      Regards,
      MIke Willegal

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:

      > > 1) I have a NCR panel with fluorescent displays
      > > http://ferretronix.com/tech/vfd/
      > > the NCR chips:
      > > NCR 6-51146
      > > NCR 6-51055
      > > NCR 6-51056
      > > NCR 6-51057
      > >
      > > 2) 34c227 is a 48 pin DIP. Some sort of microcontroller.
      > > Of course, Google only finds the parts-pimps,
      > > no real specs.

      > > start
      > > >
      > > > NCR is National Cash Register. The purple chips look very mid-1970s
      > > > Motorola. They probably made them for NCR.
      > > >

      > > Whoa I totally missed that one. I will check the Motorola books. Duh
      > me.
      > >
      > > Bill
      > >

      > Replying to myself. I could not find anything in the Motorola books, but I
      > am guessing now that these are equivalent part numbers, not original
      > Motorola part numbers. Sorry I can't help.
      > bd

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic