28983Re: Anyone have a copy of CPM for a Jade Double-D disk controller

  • joshbensadon
    Jan 19, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave wrote:

> [...]

      I recently got CP/M running on the IMSAI.

      You can just cut and paste CP/M, that's what I did.

      2 things to consider.

      1. Where in RAM this copy of CP/M is to reside (How much RAM is available?)

      2. The BIOS. The BIOS jump table has to be where CP/M expects it to be (as per #1), the routines in BIOS just match your hardware.

      The routines just do the basic things:
      -send/receive characters to the console,
      -Select a drive, a track, a sector.
      -Translate a sector number with it's skewed (interleaved) sector
      -Designate a memory buffer to transfer data with the disk
      -Read/Write the selected sector with data

      Rich Cini has a very detailed write up on this and helped me a great deal. Check his website, look in the IMSAI section.

      J.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic