28966Re: MG Chemicals Flux remover vs Ecoline Flux Remover

  • joshbensadon
    Jan 16, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > Urrr? #4140? Tell me more. I use it all the time, and my boards
      > usually have plastic on them.
      >
      > -Dave

      Well, I don't recall the MG Chemicals part number, I don't have any cans here at the moment. I'm using a cheaper product from Asalco called "FLUX-CLEAN" (Product No AE 101). Both are like you said, hard on the hands. They really suck the moisture out and leave your hands white.

      Both don't bother the plastic dip sockets but I did once see the MG Chemicals Flux Remover discolour a plastic case, luckily it was on the inside of the case only. I don't know enough about plastics to tell you which type it was. Since then, I've played it safe.

      A real offensive product is that contact cleaner. I tried it once on a switch, it got on the plastic button and within 10 minutes, the button became so brittle, it came apart with the slightest pressure.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic