28961Re: MG Chemicals Flux remover vs Ecoline Flux Remover

  • joshbensadon
    Jan 16, 2013
      I use MG Chemicals Flux Remover all the time, and I will say it's definitely NOT plastic safe. I use it very sparingly and localized.
      Keep it away from the plastics and you're ok. I'll say it works better than 99% alcohol.

      The worse plastic eater I've seen is the MG Chemicals "Contact Cleaner"... Very bad for plastics! Not that great for cleaning contacts either.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, corey986 wrote:

      > Yes Evan this is on topic...
      >
      > I currently use Ecoline Flux remover to clean up old cards, this stuff is expensive and I have to mail order it. I noticed when I was picking up some 99.99% ISP the other day that my local electronics store carries MG Chemicals Flux remover which was about $5 cheaper a bottle not counting its local without shipping.
      >
      > Has anyone used the MG one? Is it as safe as the Ecoline for old cards and systems (plastic safe)? Does it work as well?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic