28960Re: [midatlanticretro] MG Chemicals Flux remover vs Ecoline Flux Remover

    Jan 16, 2013
      On 01/16/2013 04:28 PM, corey986 wrote:
      > Yes Evan this is on topic...
      >
      > I currently use Ecoline Flux remover to clean up old cards, this
      > stuff is expensive and I have to mail order it. I noticed when I was
      > picking up some 99.99% ISP the other day that my local electronics
      > store carries MG Chemicals Flux remover which was about $5 cheaper a
      > bottle not counting its local without shipping.
      >
      > Has anyone used the MG one? Is it as safe as the Ecoline for old
      > cards and systems (plastic safe)? Does it work as well?

      I use one of MG's flux removers, product #4140. I've had no problems
      with it attacking plastics. It's tough on your hands, though...use
      gloves! I've mostly used it on new stuff, but I've used it on vintage
      boards on occasion as well.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ